Friday, December 10, 2010

My turning point

I am not used to express my feelings in writing. In high school, when a teacher requires a diary, I would abruptly go against it in my mind. But I have a change of heart, I will state my sentiments less the bitterness.

I acknowledge my shortcomings as a husband. I dont know how to elaborate but eventually I will give my side, not to belittle anyone but just to set the record straight.

Why am I doing this? I need attention, lots of it. Well you can say that, but I'd rather claim this as my turning point. I have tried to keep this for a long time. I would want people to respect me and I thought if they would find out that I am a single father, they will loose their respect for me.

I have always talked about a complete home, where a father, a mother and children are united and happy together. I always shed a tear whenever I asked families to join together and pray. I am somehow wishing that I can do the same. I always envy a family who goes to church together. And worship with their loved ones.

Until such a time that I received a wonderful gift from above.

Now, I think I am ready to talk about this, I have bore the pain and suffering for so long. And yes, I have surrendered everything to God. He did wonders for me. I have lived a life of peace and joy even if there are still times when I would love to hold hands with her.

I am renewed. But by the grace and love of The Father. He sent His Son that I may experience His healing. Wonderful, He's so wonderful.

I am browsing through our wedding pictures and I still feel the love that brought us together. I still remember the vow we made. I still savor the mist of the night. But thank God there is no pain, no bitterness, no emptiness.

I am whole. Not by might, nor by power but by The Spirit of The Lord.

I was once was asked if I still love her. I am hoping I would say 'no', but I still do. And if by chance we meet somewhere, I would wish that she's still the gracious woman who used to stunned me everyday, everytime.

Let me share with you this poem and perhaps a prayer;

though apart were together
holding on to prayer
we will not surrender
love is our altar

2 comments:

  1. kahilakon ko pgbasa ani Berns!..heheh! bitaw, ky I could feel so much of emotions in this single post man gud..But Praise God for giving you the joy and the strenght to carry on... God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carry on Bern, God loves you. He is your strength and refuge.

    ReplyDelete