Thursday, December 30, 2010

best friend

I always thought that these words will remain true. Dont get me wrong, I mean personally, you see this is how I address the lab of my life. I see and treated her as my very best friend, that is before we fell apart.

The first time we met she thought I was bubbly, its because I was the host of the party we attended. I dont know her that time and we weren't able to talk.

Our next meeting was at a band practice in our church. She was with someone who I thought is her boyfriend. We were introduced alright and I took notice of her long black hair and her fair complexion.

On our next meeting the guy whose with her wasn't around. I started the conversation by asking her about the guy she's with last time. She said that the guy is trying to court her again after they parted ways for a couple of months.

I can still remember our first group date which was a lot of fun. We were six in the group and we headed for a theme park. At dawn we played games at a parking area.

I was working at a publication company where I was the media relation assistant where I do correspondents. I usually answer phone calls, I received one from an unidentified girl who sounds familiar yet I cannot guess who. She said that she wanted to talk with just anyone.

It wasn't our breaktime yet, so I am not allowed to received or do personal calls. I told her that as much as I would like to talk to her I cannot since its not yet time. I asked her name and told her that I am going to call her the time for break is on.

She agreed and I cant believe that I am really making the call. Break time arrives and I called her. She told me that she called a common friend earlier to say something, but she was told that she doesnt have the time and our friend gave her my number.

Wow. I am spending my breaktime with a girl who wants to talk. That started our 'breaktime friendship calls' my officemates always tease me. They say that I eat like a hurricane. I eat so fast after which the call starts. We were talking for at east 30 to 45 minutes. At least before she leaves for school. She is at her senior years.

It lasted for a year after I decided to resigned from the company, due to conflict of interest with my superior who gave me the options 'you resign or I will terminate you'.

Our friendship flourished for another year then I courted her. I told his brother that I have special feelings with his sister. He said that it was evident with our actions and he has no objections with it.

I still consider her as my best friend for with her I keep no secret. She returned it with her being confident in telling me just anything.

As time goes by, we weren't talking the way we used to. Especially when were married and lived together. The once bubbly talk started to grow tired and the fire was burnt away. That started our parting of ways.

In case you're reading this, I want you to know that no one can take your place 'best friend'.

No comments:

Post a Comment