Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Be strong in the Lord

Oftentimes, we share with the pain of those who suffer, with open expressions up to the point of saying more than what should be said. Just recently, I visited a friends son who was hospitalized. The truth is am a bit unsure of what to say since I know how hard it is for a father like me, to see your child in a room not his, with dextrose and stuffs than can only be seen at the hospital. With uncertainty me and some friends got to the room. We greeted each other like we've never seen each one for years, but we've just concluded a trip to the beach the other day.

I stood where I can see everyone while trying to think of words from the past to somehow console the parents of the child. I cant find the right words to say. I stayed listening to what everyone has to say. In the end I left the place with words for my friend "be strong in the Lord".

We at times are enticed by the idea to talk too much. That's why instead of comforting someone whose in need, they end up discouraged.

After a careful thought of what happened, I thanked God that I just uttered those words. They may not mean anything to anyone but for one who is in need God's strength it means everything.

Let me assure you then that the sweetest words are not those that are so fragrant anyone can recognize, rather to whom it is spoken it should bring peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment